Nurses can provide more skilled & complex services. Our licensed registered nurses (RNs) and our licensed practical nurses (LPNs) can provide more skilled and complex nursing services to patients when medically required.
Skilled nursing often helps people feel better, function more independently and learn to take care of their health needs. Skilled nursing is provided by an RN or LPN in your or your loved one’s home when prescribed by a physician.
Skilled nursing care by a RN or LPN may include any of the following:
- Brain and spinal cord injury care
- Orthopedic injury care
- Diabetes management and care
- Care for chronic illnesses and injuries
- Implementing a clinical care plan
- Treating infections
- Ventilator and tracheotomy care
- Preventing pressure ulcers
- Performing dressing changes
- Palliative care
- Wound care
- Insulin therapy
- Pain management